Tuesday 11 September 2007

Sweet delight...

My meal yesterday evening was one of the best meals I've made for myself in some time.
It was a variation on something I made before, but this meal was even better, in my humble opinion.
I took pieces of chicken (300 grams), a pointy cabbage (spitskool), 250 grams of chestnut mushrooms, a yellow bellpepper (paprika) and two banana's. All cut to pieces of course.
I first stir fried the chicken and seasoned it with paprica powder, curry powder en some pepper, then added the mushrooms, follewed by the cabbage and the bellpepper. When the cabbage had shrunk in a bit I added some soy sauce and ginger extract to the sauce, then for the last two minutes or so I added the two banana's in slices.
I had half of this for my dinner, and it was excellent: nice, tasty, sweet. It warmed me inside, which is good as it is getting colder outside. Tonight I will have the other half.

I've decided to add some fish to my breakfasts more often. So this morning I had some smoked salmon with carrots, a kiwi and a peach (and a handfull of nuts). And for tomorrow and the day after I have canned tunafish with vegetables to go with the vegs and fruits.

Another combination I made some time ago, was with extra lean minced meat (extra mager rundergehakt), mushrooms, broccoli, sweet pointed bellpeppers and a can of green beans (sperziebonen) (as this is mostly the pods and not just the beans I think this is allowed for a paleolithic diet). This combination was allright, but not as outstanding as the sweet delight I had yesterday. But don't worry, we'll keep on experimenting with new tasts and new combinations. To boldly go where no one has gone before...

No comments:

 
/* -------------------------------------------------------------------- Google Analytics */ /* -------------------------------------------------------------------- Google Analytics */