Monday 18 February 2008

new combinations ...

As Cornell is busy preparing his new batch of delicious looking pictures (I don't know if he is busy doing that, but maybe this post will instill in him a sense of obligation, not that feeling obliged is good or making others feel obliged is very moral, so I probably shouldn't manipulate Cornell in this way. On the other hand I know Cornell is an INTP, so not easily manipulated, and I think he will take this remark the way it was intended, that is, as a joke, which by now has been thoroughly spoiled by this unnecessary explanation, which has become too lengthy by far too, though not by any fault on my part as I am only doing what a blogger is supposed to do on the world wide web, that is: describing every part of his life in detail on his little spot on the net, but because that is not what this blog is about (that is: not all details of our lives. It is about food) I will terminate this ongoing string of words before you all lose your attention and go on to the main attraction of today: the description of some new combinations of paleolithically approved meals) I will describe some combinations I tried out the past weeks.

- White cabbage
- mushrooms
- onion
- cubes of ham
(very good, I had this twice (three meals each time) and will have this again...)

- red cabbage
- mushrooms
- onion
- lean minced meat
spiced with sambal
(not very original (compared to the above one) but good none the less. Goes well with some apple compote).

- the dutch vegetable 'koolraap', which took some time to clean and cut up due to its very tough exterior.
Stir fried with some onion and some cubes of smoked bacon.
Good! The 'koolraap' gets softer and tastes quite sweet after stir frying.

These meals are cost efficient as all these vegetables are cheap in winter.
I can eat for approximately 5 euro's a day (if I don't count the luxuries I sometimes afford myself for later in the evening, like a bit of port or bailies with some cheese or somethign). 5 euro's a day. That's quite cheap to me.

No comments:

 
/* -------------------------------------------------------------------- Google Analytics */ /* -------------------------------------------------------------------- Google Analytics */