Friday 7 March 2008

Three course dinner

Last weekend I invited my parents over for a three course dinner.
A dinner in true paleo-stile, that is.

So for starters I made a salad made of shrimps and tangerines, mixed with some sweet chili sauce (great stuff) and just a bit of black pepper powder. I served this on large leafs of iceberg lettuce.
(and was buried under compliments and 'oohs' and 'aahs'... it was really well received. Thanks Cornell for the recipe).

The main dish was prepackaged fish (pangasius) in a curry sauce (sometimes I go for the easy solution).
With that I served stir fried vegetables (onion, chestnut mushrooms, sweet pointed bellpeppers and courgette) with oister sauce, and a salad of iceberg lettuce, pieces of peach (from a can) and feta-like salad cheese, seasoned with some olive oil, dark vinegar and a bit of sweet chili sauce.
I served this with a really nice white whine. Delicious.

For desert I offered some sharonfruits (my parents had never tasted those before, but really liked them) with nice red grapes.

and then coffee with chocolate (no it's not paleolithically correct, but hey, medicinal reasons, as Cornell would say).

It all goes to show that a delicious three course dinner is possible paleo-style.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Celular, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://telefone-celular-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

why not...

 
/* -------------------------------------------------------------------- Google Analytics */ /* -------------------------------------------------------------------- Google Analytics */