Monday 13 August 2007

Creative with cabbage...

Last week I made two delicious dishes with cabbage.

For the first one I took one red cabbage (cut it in half and marvel at the beautifull pattern of bright white and dark red. Just like brains... hmmm... brains). I cut it up. Then I stir fried approximately 300 grams of extra lean minced meat, with two sweet pointed paprika's (bellpeppers) and here's the clincher: 400 grams of mango in pieces. (For red cabbage is sometimes eaten with apples, so I figured a combination with fruit would go well). I seasoned it with some gingerjuice and some soysauce. I must say this was a success in my opinion, though it took relatively long to stir fry enough.
I ate two times from this huge amount of food. A cabbage is really economically packaged vegetable. No air left between the leaves...

In between I made ratatouille for my brother and I to honor the new movie. It's great by the way. And it's about cooking...

Then last friday I had three guests, and I offered them the paleolithic dinner.
I took a green cabbage and sliced it up. I stir fried this with extra lean minced meat again (again approx. 300 grams), 250 grams of mushrooms (in quarts), two yellow bellpeppers (paprika's) and two banana's (in slices). Again I added some ginger juice and some soysauce. This was really, really good. The banana went well with the cabbage, added a nice sweet touch. One of my favorites. I think I have to make a book with recipe's (well, that's what this blog is all about, isn't it).
I also made a sallad with mixed salad, cherry tomatoes, some maize (yes, not paleolithic, I know), and some 'huttenkäse', really young cheese, not even hardened out, but also very low in calories. I also added some pineconeseeds and dressing. This salad was really good too!
We had some fruit for desert.

This weekend I also enjoyed the taste of different kinds of melon.
And I added egg to my breakfasts. It's good too, and gives more of a full feeling than just fruit and nuts. mmmm...
This morning my breakfast existed from half a melon, lots of strawberries, and a baked egg with some bacon. Yummie...

3 comments:

Vicky said...

My dad grows cabbage
Finally picked some and cooked it
Yummy yummy
I officially like cabbage

Johan said...

Glad you like it. I discovered it only recently too..

Cornell said...

Yay! We have a second reader! Tanks for your comment Kelsey!

 
/* -------------------------------------------------------------------- Google Analytics */ /* -------------------------------------------------------------------- Google Analytics */