Sunday 13 January 2008

Another winter dish ...

Ah ... A new year, and new resolutions: to keep this blog up and running ...
And when Cornell posts fifteen new posts filled with pictures of delicious, inventive and tasty cave-person approved dishes, I cannot shirk my duty ...

The month december was a hard time for me to keep to the paleolithic diet. First because I was on vacation in Australia for two weeks, then the christmas and years' end festivities ... And to be honest, last weak I had bread at lunch at work... But instead of feeling guilty about all that, I will just enjoy life and eat what I like, and that is this paleolithic thing.
Also nice to find I didn't gain much weight over the festive season. That is, I didn't weigh, but my pants (size 34!) still fit, and even seem a bit wide. So that's progress ...

I've bought a digital camera a month ago, so in theory I should be able to add pictures to my posts. But I have to change the batteries, so not tonight.
But even without pictures to accompany my posts, I will inform you of the winter dish I made this evening:

I took two chopped onions and stir fried those in oil, added lean minced meat, and mushrooms, and then a package of 'zuurkool' (german: sauerkraut), a kind of fermented cabbage, and I stir fried it all. Then I added sambal to spice it up. I had half of this with half a can of apple-compote. Stir fried 'sauerkraut' tasted rather good, especially with the sambal. And the sweet apple went well with the rather salty cabbage.

Johan

No comments:

 
/* -------------------------------------------------------------------- Google Analytics */ /* -------------------------------------------------------------------- Google Analytics */