Monday 7 January 2008

Don't forget to take your own picture!

I've been eating "cave-style" for about eight months now. I have only one very big regret and it's something that bugs me all the more because I'm a photo enthusiast. In a blindingly stupid lack of foresight, I forgot to take a picture of myself in the (almost) nude when I started my paleolithic lifestyle. This really annoys me to no end because now I can't show people before and after pics. Or enjoy them myself for that matter, as the difference is quite stunning.

Only a few people have commented on me looking trimmer, mostly because my loss of weight was just starting to show when the weather got cold enough to make me wear sweaters. At the time I bought them, I chose clothing that would flatter my figure and basically hide the flab. And since those clothes don't hug my form they don't show off the progress either. But the scales don't lie, I've lost more than 10 kilos and gone from a fat percentage of 30% to below 20%. My gut seems to be melting away and my love handles have become affection handles. I look healthier - I really, really hate that I don't have a good "before" picture - and feel a lot better and stronger.

So if you are considering going neanderthal, for goodness sakes, get an early stone age polaroid taken!

No comments:

 
/* -------------------------------------------------------------------- Google Analytics */ /* -------------------------------------------------------------------- Google Analytics */