Thursday 21 June 2007

Brunner

This salad was supposed to be brunch. But it was way too much. The gargantuan size of the plate makes it look more reasonable, but there was no end to it. I ate half of everything, a very satisfying meal, and left the rest for dinner tonight.

It was half an iceberg lettuce, about 250 g of veal liver and about 150 g of chicken breast stir fried in olive oil with some Ketjap Asin and a bit of salt, two tomatoes, half a melon, green as well as black olives with selectively applied dressings of extra vierge olive oil, balsamico vinegar and lemon juice.

As a snack in the afternoon I had a few carrots and a handfull of white grapes.

I won't at all regret having the rest tonight. Desert will be a handfull of white grapes and a handfull of cherries.

For those who like to count their calories:
100 g veal liver: 185 kcal
100 g chicken breast: 158 kcal

The rest of the ingredients were listed in silly and unuseful quantities on the website I got this info from - things like a slice for melon and a bowl for cherries or grams for iceberg lettuce. But I estimate the total of the day (including the snacks) to be below 1400 kcal. I don't care because I don't count, but basically it means caloriewise I ate about three quarters of what a male adult should. Of course that is uninteresting compared to the fact that my food today was very nutrient dense and tasty. That's what counts.

1 comment:

Johan said...

Klinkt erg lekker.
Moeilijk te schatten qua caloriƫn.
Maar mmm...

Johan

 
/* -------------------------------------------------------------------- Google Analytics */ /* -------------------------------------------------------------------- Google Analytics */