Tuesday 19 June 2007

Wonder Wok

Lunch! Stir fried chicken breast, courgette, paprika and my favourite green - asparagus. After this mornings rant about the blandness of dutch cuisine and the lack of proper use of spices (such a waste, after all those centuries of growing rich trading them across the globe)
I thought I should set the right example. So I added ground garlic, chili pepper, paprika, musterd seed, ginger and just a little salt. Perfectly suitable as a nice dinner too.

And maybe not in the picture, but I also ate a few hazelnuts and some pistachios, a few carrots and three apples during the afternoon. I'm skipping dinner to give my metabolic pathways a break. Time for repair and maintenance. That's what your cells do when you let your insulin levels drop by not eating for a while - when the levels are high, e.g. because you've been eating empty calories, you store fat. So contrary to popular dutch belief potatoes do make you fat. Especially if you eat them on a daily basis. In fact, the people I know who like potatoes the most and eat them most often are in fact the people who have the most problems with their weight. So beware the pomme de terre...

No comments:

 
/* -------------------------------------------------------------------- Google Analytics */ /* -------------------------------------------------------------------- Google Analytics */