Thursday 28 June 2007

Simply outstanding!

Finally after some not very noteworthy meals (prepackaged vegetables to stir fry), today I made something to even rival Cornells most outrageously good recipes.
What I did was: I took a large broccoli (400 grams?), a package of 250 grams of a kind of mushroom they call the 'chestnut mushroom'. It's brownish rather than white and has a bit more taste to it. And then a large sweet pointed paprika (bellpepper). Yes, there are more varieties of this kind of pepper than I even thought possible. But this one is really good: it's color is dark red, it's taste is sweet and a bit pepperish at the same time. (Better than the small, yellos 'snack paprika's' I tried last weekend). I cut the broccoli in pieces, and the paprika, and I cleaned out the mushrooms (without cutting them). I stir fried some chicken (200 grams, in pieces), added the vegetables, and then added a bit of ketjap and a bit of sweet chili sauce.
Sadly I can't describe the taste of it. I was sorely tempted to eat it all, but I kept half of it for tomorrow evening. I can honestly say it was the best I have made for a long time.

Today I had two kiwifruits, one banana and three tangerines for breakfast (with some nuts) and for lunch I had the customary 300 grams of carrots and 100 grams of chicken. All in all approximately 950 kilocalories today. I'm proud of myself!

2 comments:

Cornell said...

Woohoo! It's time you got a camera so we could see your magnificent creation!

Johan said...

As always you are entirely correct.
I had the second half this evening and even microwaved it was good, but nog as good as yesterday.
I'm still salivating...

Johan

 
/* -------------------------------------------------------------------- Google Analytics */ /* -------------------------------------------------------------------- Google Analytics */